If I were writing with a typewriter, I’d be blowing off the proverbial dust about now. It’s been a while. A long while. So much has happened since I last connected with you. I could say I’ve been busy, but honestly that would just be an excuse. We make time for what we prioritize, right? So, please forgive me.
Part of my excuse is it took me FOREVER to adapt to the WordPress changes. I hate to admit that, but as the old saying goes, “It is what it is.” The older I get the more difficult it becomes to adjust to change. So …what have I been up to the last two years?
- In 2019 I took on a part time, which turned into a full time, caregiving role for one of my aunts as she struggled with Dementia. I wouldn’t wish that disease on anyone. It’s very difficult to watch someone you love suffer. My aunt passed away peacefully in April of this year.
- In 2020 I wrote and published my second book, BREAKTHROUGH: Prepare for Battle.
- Of course, we all know what happened in January 2020 … COVID-19 turned our lives upside down. I never thought I’d live to see the day America would shut down. Most of us know someone who was deeply impacted by this pandemic. If you lost a loved one, my condolences.
- Last year I created a Facebook Group called TRANSFORMED. For nine solid months God gave me a word each morning on the transforming power of the Word of God. The subtitle was, “One Word From God Can Change Your Life.” It was an amazing experience for me. Then one day, the inspiration suddenly stopped. Since September 2021 I have prayed for God to show me how He wants to use the material developed over those nine months. I’m still not sure if it will be a book, or a course, but I’m learning to patiently wait on the Lord for direction.
- At the end of May 2022, I did something I never thought I’d want to do again; I bought a new home. A new townhouse to be more precise. A new subdivision was being developed and I passed it on the way to visit a family member. I was drawn to it, and just thought, I’d go check it out. I fell in love and it’s been home now for three months.
- Another door the Lord opened for me was to take online classes to be come a certified Mental Health Coach. Needless to say, it’s been a very long time since I was in school, but I’m pleased to say, so far I have a 97% average. I have always had an interest in mental health and I’m excited to see how God uses this. I will not be a licensed counselor so my coaching will be free, and I have a feeling the Lord will use this more for video content and online interaction. We’ll see. I am hoping to complete the courses by the end of this year.
- Also jail ministry reopened in 2022 at the Duval County jail. As some of you may remember, this ministry is near and dear to my heart. Last month we had 15 inmates and six of them committed to follow Jesus!!! Praise His name!
- One of the things I am prayerfully considering is starting a YouTube channel where I could post “Just a minute” segments and monthly video messages. Please join me in praying for God’s will and timing on this. The past few months the Lord has been rebirthing old dreams within me. I’m so thankful He finishes the work He starts within us.
GOD IS GOOD! Now, it’s your turn. What’s been happening in your world? Share your highlights in the comments. Moving forward I am hoping to post a monthly update here.
Blessings 🌻 Deb
One thought on “Blow off the Proverbial Dust”
I love hearing your rebirthing your God given talent, excited for you and can’t wait to see what surfaces! ❤️ Diane
LikeLiked by 1 person