“I will give thanks and praise the LORD, with all my heart; I will tell aloud all Your wonders and marvelous deeds.” PSALM 9:1 AMP
Tomorrow is “Thankgiving” here in the USA. It’s the one day a year set aside for Americans to reflect on the goodness of God.
As I read Psalm 9:1, I am reminded that everyday is Thanksgiving. One day a year would never be enough to acknowledge Him.
As you gather around the table tomorrow take a moment and share one thing God did in your life this year that was the undeniable work of His hands.
What does it look like to give thanks and praise God – “with ALL my heart?”
- Do I thank Him as fervently as I petition Him?
- Do I consider the need to acknowledge Him in the things I take for granted … waking up each day, my health, my friends/family, my finances?
- Do I only reserve my praise for the WOW moments when He does something EXTRAordinary?
God deserves my praise for every breath. When I focus on His love, mercy and goodness my perspective changes. The glass becomes full and overflowing rather than ‘half empty’.
I have a roof over my head, a car to drive, food, clothes, my health, friends and family who love me and bring joy to my life. I have a church family who inspire and motivate me to be all God has called me to be. I have abundance beyond my needs. I AM TRULY BLESSED!
Brag on God! Something else stood out in this verse. David not only recognized the need to praise the Lord and walk in a heart of gratitude, but to tell others about the things God had done in his life. How can we NOT talk about the wonders and marvelous deeds of our God? People need HOPE. They need LOVE. They need GRACE. We have the ANSWER! He’s too good to keep to ourselves.
- He’s ALIVE! Because He lives I can face my tomorrows. The grave couldn’t hold Him and it won’t hold me.
- He is the same, yesterday, today and forever. (Hebrews 13:8) He doesn’t change. I can trust Him. I can rely on Him.
- He did not come to condemn, but to save. (John 3:17) He delights in mercy. He is moved with compassion.
Lord, I thank You and praise You because You alone are worthy of my praise. When I keep my eyes on You the trials of this life grow dim in comparison to Your glory and majesty. In Your presence there is fullness of JOY and the joy of the Lord is my strength.
Lord, I pray that the light of Your glory will shine through me as a beacon drawing others to You. Give me the opportunity to share Your goodness with others. Let my life and my words be a witness.
Thank You for loving me. Thank You for giving Your life for my sins and taking my place on the cross. Thank You for the hope of eternal life with You. Worthy is the Lamb! I long for the day I will join the hosts of Heaven in Your presence and cry out, “Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord God Almighty…who was, as is and is to come.”